Thursday, December 07, 2006

i dreamed i'm dreaming

11 Things: I Dreamed I'm Dreaming Of

Thursday, December 7, 2006


1. "A White Christmas": "Just like the ones I used to know/ Where the treetops glisten/ And children listen/ To hear sleigh bells in the snow." (Think East Coast.)

2. "In Dreams": "A candy-colored clown they call the sandman/ Tiptoes to my room every night/ Just to sprinkle stardust and to whisper/ Go to sleep/ Everything is all right." (Think "Blue Velvet.")

3. "Mr. Sandman": "Bring me a dream/ Make her the cutest that I've ever seen/ Give her two lips like roses and clover/ Then tell her that her lonesome nights are over." (Think Oranger.)

4. "Enter Sandman": "Exit light/ Enter night/ Take my hand/ Off to never never land." (Think Metallica -- when the band still mattered.)

5. Salvador Dali: "Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate, One Second Before Awakening." (Think!)

6. Sugarplums: No, those are visions.

7. "After the Gold Rush": "There were children crying and colors flying/ All around the chosen ones/ All in a dream, all in a dream/ The loading had begun/ Flyin' mother nature's silver seed/ To a new home in the sun." (I think I'm confused.)

8. "I Dreamed I Dream": "Look before you leap, okay?/ Do you read me?/ May all your dreams come true/ He's standing by the door/ He's got something in his hands/ All the money's gone/ All the money's gone/ The days we spend/ go on and on." (Think early, early Sonic Youth.)

9. "Dream Weaver": No, that's a nightmare.

10. "I Dream of Jeannie Cusamano": The last episode of "The Sopranos' " first season was the best. (I think.)

11. "Row, Row, Row Your Boat": "Gently down the stream/ Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily/ Life is but a dream." (I think I think, therefore I think I am.)

Tim Sullivan, tsullivan@sfchronicle.com

Page G - 3
URL: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2006/12/07/NSGPGMO2SN1.DTL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home