Thursday, March 02, 2006

movie quotes (and who they're for)

11 THINGS: Best movie quotes (and who they're for)

Thursday, March 2, 2006

1. "You talkin' to me?"
"Taxi Driver" (1976) (for everyone who lives in the Mission ... and the Tenderloin)

2. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
"Apocalypse Now" (1979) (for the fine folks at Fox News)

3. "Rosebud."
"Citizen Kane" (1941) (for my employer)

4. "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"
"Network" (1976) (for everyone who is mad as hell and isn't going to take it anymore)

5. "There's no place like home."
"Wizard of Oz" (1939) (for everyone who works in a cubicle)

6. "I'm walking here! I'm walking here!"
"Midnight Cowboy" (1969) (for anyone who has ever attempted to cross a street in San Francisco)

7. "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
"Dr. Strangelove" (1964) (for Donald Rumsfeld)

8. "Is it safe?"
"Marathon Man" (1976) (for Dick Cheney)

9. "I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not OK because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire."
"Office Space" (1999) (for the person who stole my stapler)

10. "A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example, show you what I mean: Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness."
"Repo Man" (1984) (for punks, hippies and religious people everywhere)

11. "Aloha, Mr. Hand!"
"Fast Times at Ridgemont High" (1982) (for everyone who lives for the weekend)
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/03/02/NSGT6HG4N61.DTL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home